Hope International is not a white church, or a black church; IT IS A JESUS CHURCH! Our goal each week is to equip saints and raise disciples so that we can go forth to fulfill our mission statement of saving souls, encouraging hearts, & changing our surrounding community. Discipleship is a matter of being willing to become all that God wants us to be. Disciples are those with a heart for God and a teachable attitude. They are ready to receive whatever Jesus has to offer; His forgiveness, love, direction, prosperity, & overall freedom that comes with being connected to Jesus Christ. Pastor Tony McCoy and his wife Jodie McCoy are the Senior Pastors and founders of Hope International Church. From the church’s humble beginning in 2004 we have witnessed the power of God for over 10+ years. The church has grown from a small service being held in a home to now having our own Worship Campus on State Road 33 in beautiful Groveland, Florida. Pastor Tony and the members of Hope International are proud to be used by God to make a positive impact on the communities throughout Lake County.
If you are looking for real people, powerful teaching, and great worship music, Hope has a spot just for you! Here at Hope we firmly believe in not just saving souls but encouraging hearts. They will keep you informed with all that is happening at Hope, continue to encourage you as well as pray with you.
1. We believe in Salvation through confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
(Acts 4:12; Romans 10:9-10; John 14:6)
2. There is only one living and true God. There are three persons in the Godhead: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:2,27; Matthew 28:19; I John 5:7)
3. We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired Word of God.
(II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:20,21)
4. We believe Jesus Christ, conceived of the Virgin Mary, is the only begotten Son of the Father. Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor. (Luke 1:26-33; Hebrews 7:25)
5. We believe we are justified (declared righteous under the blood of Jesus) when we repent of our sins and believe in Jesus Christ.
(Acts 13:38,39; Romans 5:1; I Corinthians 6:11; Mark 1:5)
6. We believe in Baptism of the Holy Spirit. We believe in the operation of the nine Gifts of the Spirit and encourage our people to live so that these gifts may be manifest in their lives. (Acts 2:4; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 19:6; I Corinthians 12:4-11)
7. We believe in water baptism by immersion in water in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 3:11; Matthew 28:18-19; John 14:6)
8. We believe in divine healing for the body. However, we encourage and do not condemn medical science. (Acts 3:2-12; Acts 5:15, 16; James 5:14-15)
9. We believe every blessing we receive from God comes through the merits of The Atonement (Jesus’ complete sacrifice for us on Calvary). (Romans 5:11; James 1:16,17)
10. We believe in the Second Coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:10,11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 1:7)
11. We believe those who die outside of Christ will be punished in an eternal Hell, but those who die “in Him” shall share in His glory in Heaven forever.
(Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; John 5:29; Jude 1:7)
12. We believe in the sacredness of marriage between one man & one woman and family commitment. We promote strong family values. (Ephesians 5:31-33; Ephesians 6:1-4; Hebrews 13:4; Matthew 19:5 Leviticus 18:22; Genesis 2:24)
Pastor Tony Mccoy
Tony McCoy is the Senior Pastor of Hope International Church, affectionately known as “The Real Church”, located in Groveland, Florida. As Pastor, he brings creative and innovative vision with an “out of the box” approach for ministering to all cultures and age groups. Since beginning his pastorialship in 2004, he has watched the congregation grow from 5 to over 600 members.
Pastor Tony was born and raised in Orlando, Florida and is the oldest of four children and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Florida. He went on to get his ministers license in 1996, through the United Christian Church and Ministerial Association.
Pastor Tony is also a retired ten-year veteran of the National Football League. Drafted in the fourth round in 1991 by the Indianapolis Colts, he enjoyed 8 years of success and later went on to sign a two-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals. During his professional career he had the joy of leading many of his teammates into a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Pastor Tony and Jodie married in 1993 and their union has produced 3 children: Khrystyna, TJ and Isaiah. Pastor experienced many hardships in his life, which allows him to relate well with other people. Through the guidance of Christ and a supportive family, Pastor Tony was able to surpass many everyday obstacles that individuals experience today. His desire is to teach others so that through Christ, they too can surpass the enemy’s obstacles of drugs, crime, poverty and unfulfilled relationships. Even in light of receiving many awards, Pastor Tony records his salvation and his family as his greatest achievement. As you listen to him, you will notice that he speaks with compassion and power, while bringing the bible into focus with today’s challenges.
First Lady Jodie McCoy is a Long Island, NY native. She was raised in Indianapolis, Indiana where she married the love of her life in 1993. From this union they have three beautiful children; Khrystyna, TJ (Tony Jr.) and Isaiah. She takes great joy in making her children her focal point as they transition into young adulthood.
Jodie McCoy, affectionately known as Pastor Jodie, is the co-founder of Hope International Church, where she is her husband’s biggest supporter. Throughout their entire marriage they have ministered God’s Word in a fashion that Saves Souls, Encourages Hearts, and Changes Communities.
From the time she could remember her heart has always been for hurting people. First Lady McCoy is an encourager by nature. She believes that whatever your circumstances, you can rise above them. Pastor Jodie’s passion is to “love people to life.”
In addition to being an entrepreneur, First Lady, wife, and mother, Jodie McCoy embraces the calling that God has placed on the lives of both her and her husband. She is a woman of God, who has the power to minister to all of God’s people regardless of their ethnicity, financial status, sex, or age. When you meet Pastor Jodie McCoy, you encounter God’s love, a mighty prayer warrior, and a down to earth First Lady.